A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, January 11, 2010

here we go again

Well, it's about time I resurrected this blog. I pulled it down some time ago for reasons I won't go into now.
I'm woefully bad at keeping it up, but this time I will do my best.

I'm going to be doing the London Marathon again this year (note the 'doing' rather than the 'running'). I really would like to make a good show of it this year and finish in style. After all it's on my birthday - my 60th birthday no less.
I'm going to be using this blog to track my training - not so much the number crunching of miles clocked up or minute miles averaged - more the experience of the whole thing.
There will be good times and not so good times. There will be 'course I can do it times' and 'what the hell am I doing times'. I know this from past experience.
I also know from past experience that crossing that finish line is like nothing else in the world. This is the same for those who cross it in just over 2 hours and those who cross it in 7 hours or more (some take days!). All are experiencing an achievement that is second to none.

Of course, I have started on a 'not so good' note, in that running outside has been impossible because of the snow and ice. This has driven me to the dreadmill and probably contributed to the cold that has poleaxed me over the weekend. No matter, it can only get better as they say.

Some of my 'blogging' friends have been posting pics of their various achievments/experiences. I shall also try to do so. They won't always be running related but I shall do my best to keep you entertained.

Here is one I took back in the summer on my way home from Ilfracombe on the Waverly




This was such a peaceful end to a beautiful summer day, I like to look at such pics in the dead of winter, it reminds me that we are heading toward those lazy hazy days again.
Take care
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment