A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week Two

Not as good a week as I'd hoped training wise. The snow and ice have played havoc with most peoples running plans.
I did run out on Friday though - outside, in company, no snow, no ice, no wind and no rain. It had been raining hard in the morning, but I was determined that I was meeting the group comewhat may. We had a lovely run - just 3½ miles but so rewarding.
My LSR had to be abandoned today though, I have a cough and a ear infection that would have made it silly and a little irresponsible to go. I've factored in an extra rest day and hope I can at least do SOMEthing tomorrow.

I have however done lots of shopping, the kind of shopping that lots of people love and I definitely DON'T. I needed some clothes for my son graduating from Cranwell RAF college in just over 2 weeks time. Eventually I have something smart for the daytime and posh for the evening time.

I met my friend this morning for our Sunday morning chat'n'stroll with the muppets (two black labs). It was a lovely fresh bright winter morning with a hint of a promise of spring in the air. We take advantage of the winter months and let the dogs run on the beach - come May, they will be banned until the winter months again. I love the beach in the winter, it's as it's supposed to be, with the waves crashing and beating on the shore and no crowds of sunworshipers to spoil the landscape. This may sound a little churlish, but in my world, beaches are for strolling on throwing sticks for the dogs - and even having a good gallop along on a fresh horse (I've done that in my time and there is no experience like it). The sunworshipers can have their beach in the heat of the summer though as I like to wander in the green cool forest at that time.

This morning, we were not the only ones enjoying the relative peace of a winter beach as you can see from the photo. Not my idea of fun, and you may not be able to see it in the picture, but the guys in the canoes were relishing the challenge of beating the wall of surf and making it to the calmer waters beyond the breakers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue!

    What gorgeous photos! And you're quite right about the beach in the winter - I'm really quite jealous of people who live near the sea...

    Look forward to reading about your exploits over the coming months!

    xx

    ReplyDelete