A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, December 31, 2010

well here we go!

How time flies!
It's been quite some time since I've been in here. It's not that I've had nothing to say, just that life gets in the way sometimes and good intentions are shifted to one side!
I now have a reason to post at least something every day through January. I've (whether or not it's wise) found myself joining in with the Janathon! Now I've looked at the Junethon for the last couple of years, but there's always been a reason (excuse) why I could not participate. Well, now I have more reasons to join in than not I suppose. My "training" has not been all it should be for a couple of years really, and looking back at my London experience this year you can see that it showed!
I do love running though (although for me that is a relative term!), and I seem to have lost the ability as well as the mojo. Well, maybe not the mojo, it's there deep inside! Very deep!
My mileage and times will be at the bottom of the league, but that is no matter to me, I really want to get back out there and get to it so to speak! All it needs is a little reorganising of my life and a little less time talking about it, thinking about it and reading about it and more time actually doing it!
I won't be running every day, certainly not at the beginning of the month, at my age, it's a certain route to injury and burnout. However, I will comitt to something everyday - there, I've said it!
There is likely to be some cheating going on I must say! I have two energetic labradors that need daily exersize, hubby is no longer able to do this, so it falls to me, I take them for up to two miles brisk(ish) walk most days and the chances are  high that this is all I will have time to do in the outdoor world. However, I shall be doing my very best.
I shall also be doing my very best to pop in here daily even if it is only one or two comments!
Good luck to all participants!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Janathon! I too have signed up and hope to do better than with Juneathon where I got injured!

    ReplyDelete