A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Double Trouble

I know I didn’t post yesterday, I ran out of time (again). Not a lot of running though, a spin class and 15 min on the dreadmill is becoming the Wednesday routine now.

Today is the day I plan to ‘double up’. That is, run morning and evening. This Janathon business may be getting to me a bit because I’m feeling somewhat tired at times. Nevertheless. just under 5 and a half miles this morning went well, better than Tuesday, it was dry and the street lights were on, so somewhat faster and less cautious.

I forgot to take my Garmin to work with me, I took the rest of my kit and yes, I know I can run without it, but even so, this month I want to log my mileage and track my progress (or otherwise). So I abandoned the idea of a leisurely meander along the flat seafront and came home. No matter which direction I take when I go out of my house there is a hill, I either start or finish up hill with lots of ‘undulations’ in between. So a very slow rather heavy legged just over 3 miles for me.

12 days in and I’m halfway to my target of 100 miles for the month, fingers crossed that this stretch continues.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Sounds like you're well on your way to meeting your goal. I'm in awe! :)

    ReplyDelete