A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, January 16, 2012

niggling achilles - oops!

Yesterday I did my short and slow recovery run, but I now have an achilles that is not happy, not happy at all.

I did my spin class this morning as usual and a 15 minute run on the dreadmill. This past week, for whatever reason, I can feel that I have gone up a notch in my fitness. This was reflected in my spin class and then on the dreadmill. I was working well, but my heart rate stayed within a good working level. I didn’t over push it, but was going heavier on the bike and faster on the dreadmill than I have done previously. “Faster” is all relative you understand, but my 15 minutes put me a tiny bit further than the last time I did 15 minutes with a lower heart rate.

That’s the good news, the not so good news is that my lower calf/achilles is niggling away, I’ve had the frozen forest fruits on it (didn’t have any peas) and have a support on it. My heart is telling me that I should try a run in the morning as per schedule, my head is saying “have a day off for goodness sake!”.

I’ll see how it is in the morning.............

1 comment:

  1. I used to suffer with achilles pain. I was taught this stretch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i8QwoscojU) and it has helped so much. I do it after all exercise and pretty much have zero achilles pain now.

    ReplyDelete