A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Spinning hard

....and I don’t mean the plying wool kind!

Friday’s are spin days, or RPM as it’s known. The instructor decided that Friday is an ‘arder day, that’s not hard, nor harder, but one up from that :0). I must confess that I had to pour myself out of bed this morning, if it weren’t for my persistent bladder I may have stayed a little longer. However, up I got and made it to class by 6:30. By the end I was so glad I went, this is often the case, especially on these dark damp winter mornings that the temptation is to “just give this one a miss”. The memory of the endorphin rush does help me to get out of the bed and into my kit though.

I was “working” from home today, marking assignments. When I got home from the class I got stuck into the work as I was. One of the advantages of working from home is that you don’t have to adhere to the norms of dress if you don’t want. Just hope that no one knocks the door! So, in my smelly kit I produced words of wisdom and administered my opinions on their work. There was no one to mind my state of dress or whiffiness, only the two dogs  - aka Muppets (a collective noun for labradors). They make no judgments on my state of dress and love me all the same - well, I do feed them and provide shelter which is their benchmark for a comfortable life. If they could speak human, I suspect they would be puzzled as to why anyone would want more.

But I digress.

I finished my work and then showered quickly as I needed to deliver the said assignments back to the University. I want to try to run every day through January if I can, but won’t beat myself up if I can’t after all, as I’ve said previously, VLM is rather more essential. I did decide to go for a bit of a relaxed trot along the flat seafront though. The hills around here do become very taxing after a while and it’s nice to get out there and do something less strenuous. So, a touch over 2 miles banked and somewhat faster than I’ve been for quite sometime - maybe the hills are paying off.

Long run day tomorrow, I wonder what delights the weather gods have in store.....

No comments:

Post a Comment