A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two for the price of One

I didn’t manage to get into blogger land yesterday, so today I will report in on both days.

Yesterday, the weather as anyone in the UK and most of Northern Europe knows, was pretty awful. When I got up I hummed and hah’d and faffed and fiddled. I went outside to test the strength of the wind and decided that the gym was the best option.
Usually, I would trot for around 5 miles in the mornings, however, the dreadmill is a completely different experience. Hot, sweaty, boring! So, to cope with the boring bit, I decided to warm up for a kilometre, then do a 2:1 speed session for 3 kilometres then a 1 kilometre cool down. This and listening to the Archers omnibus passed the time somewhat ( I wanted to slap Helen and her  brother for their selfish short sighted attitude). Then a good long stretching session.

So that was yesterday. I had a treatment session booked in with my sport therapist in the evening, so that was all I had time for yesterday.

Today was a spin class - I tend to get there early so I get an hour on the bike (15 minutes before the class starts). This is a challenging, but endorphin boosting session that sets me up for the day. Then, just 15 minutes on the dreadmill just to get some base running in.

Tomorrow, the intention is for a run before and then after work. Hubby has to go in for some minor day surgery though, so the evening session may well have to be ditched - we’ll see.

Happy Janathoning fellow Janathoners.

No comments:

Post a Comment