A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fundraising and weekend plodding

I’ve spent much of this morning sorting out my fundraising page. I’ve added a widget here so you can see for yourself what my project is. I have lots to thank FSID for, training for a marathon and raising much needed funds (they get no Government help at all), will never be enough to demonstrate what I owe them.
I’m not very good at asking for money, so any suggestions would be helpful. I don’t get a great deal of time but I did think that I would make some jewellery and cards and other things to raffle off in work. There are only 20 or so of us in my place and they have been so kind and generous over the years I don’t want to pressure them too much, after all some of my colleagues themselves do various charity events.

But, on to running matters. I’’m not absolutely sure what has happened this weekend, I’ve been feeling a bit tired and wishing this Janathon would soon be over. However, yesterday in the RPM class, I felt strong and fit and went for it. Pete, the instructor announced that the ‘pocket rocket’ is back!! In respect for Janathon, I then went for a short slow trot after work through the Marina and along the seafront. Again, once I was in the rhythm I felt strong and fit and was marginally faster than I had intended, or even thought I would be capable of.

Today, I faffed and fiddled, but eventually got out of the door into a very cold and frosty January morning. The thought of 14 miles as per schedule was daunting indeed. Again, I travelled faster than I should have according to the schedule, but strong and fit (apart from some tummy trouble - but that settled around halfway). My last couple of miles were quite slow, but it’s a long drag uphill on tired legs.

Now that I’m fed and bathed, I’m feeling a little more human and quite optimistic that this London trip is going to be such a blast! I’m going with some dear friends (who will all be in the pub before me - but that’s ok, they can pay), and my training (touch wood and turn around three times) is going better than it ever has.

No comments:

Post a Comment