A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Getting down to it - day 2

Today is a spin class day. I do these classes three times a week. For me, it provides a way to get fitter while being pushed by the pushy instructor and some cross training. I think that to run any sort of distance every day would be a path to disaster for me. A combination of age and the kind of running gait that maybe shouldn’t be even attempting to run at all, would be a sure way to bringing me to a painful halt with injury. How do I know this? Well, been there and done it - on more than one occasion believe me!

So, a blast on the indoor bikes and just 15 minutes on the treadmill today. This will be repeated (well, that’s the intention) on Wednesdays and Fridays.

So far so good - although I have some background niggles that may be as much to do with the rubbish I’ve eaten and drunk over the past couple of weeks. I’m having some treatment tomorrow, hopefully nipping things in the bud.

1 comment:

  1. Spin class is great for fitness, I definitely need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete