A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lazy Sunday

For a change it has been rather a quiet lazy day, although I have achieved a fair bit.

I did my “long” run yesterday, no niggles, no pain. The RICEing and the new shoes seems to have done the  trick, and only one day of actual running missed, even then a good hard spin session made up for it.
My schedule says a step back week, so a step back week it certainly was. 7 miles said my list, but 8 I did. Partly because I’m a nosey soandso. I heard there was a fire that stopped the traffic on the dual carriageway near where I live, so I did a “drive by” so to speak. Sadly, an old chapel has been completely destroyed. It was empty and neglected, but even so, a piece of history gone. It was quite a big fire as well (there is rumour of arson), so it stopped the traffic on the main carriageway into the City from West Wales. Chaos ensued for those on wheels, while I smugly trotted along. It was windy but when out of the wind an ideal running day. Fresh and sunny, cool but not cold!

Today was an early dog walk with my friend, again windy (very) so a pleasant stroll through the sheltered woods. Then home and shopping for food for lunch, while I was in the shop the veg looked very tempting so I piled up with butternut squash, leeks, carrots and other stuff. I popped out for a quick 3 miles - hubby is not well again and he had gone back to bed.
An afternoon of making pots of soup, as well as lunch while watching telly then getting on with my jewellery making.

All in all, a day of relaxing domestic goddessery with some fresh air and exercise and a dollop of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment