A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Runtastic!

When I got up this morning I felt sluggish and tired. I didn’t get up until 8am which is very late for me. So I decided to bin my long run today and do it tomorrow. For the sake of Janathon, I would do a couple of easy miles and then get domestic!
Then, after a couple of coffees I looked out the window and saw a sight for sore eyes - sunshine! I got the washing on the line, hoovered the bedroom then put on the running kit. Well, such a day could not be wasted could it. I was scheduled to run 12 miles so 12 miles it was to be. After all, it could be raining tomorrow.
What a fab day I had. I trotted off, then decided that I was just going to relax and enjoy being out doors in this ‘promise of spring’ day. I know it’s early January, but we do get these days occasionally and should make the most of them. I live in a rather hilly part of the world - unless I drive somewhere (and what’s the point of that?), hills have to be tackled. This does add to the interest of the run I suppose, although I’m not good on hills, I try hard, but do walk some of the gorblimey ones.  On a long run, I try to keep an eye on my heart rate also, not to work too hard and burn out too soon.
The route I chose takes me through some woodland for a couple of miles then out on to the seafront. It was lovely to see people out and about, people on bikes, people with dogs, and kiddies who (at long last), could get out on their new bikes and scooters. The atmosphere was happy and hopeful as it is on these days. It was well worth going, hard on the climb home, but well worth it. The actual run count was 12.25 miles - I have to confess running up and down my short street to bring the mileage to a nice neat figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment