A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

here we go again - Janathon

........and it starts with an injury!!! Don’t know how, I did my long run yesterday, 10 and a bit miles. I got wetter than if I’d gone for a swim, but nevertheless enjoyed it. I had my usual soak in the bath and sat surfing and messing around on the computer. When I went to get up, my right ITB shouted at me - loudly and painfully!!!

It had eased off a little by this afternoon so, not to be beaten went out for a short “recovery” run. It was slow, it was painful, but 2 and a quarter miles banked. I had intended running every day during January, but that now may not be possible, so like last year, I’ll be cycling and swimming on the cross training days.

Janathon is a challenge that really helps me to just get out there and get on with  it, no excuses, I don’t want to be reporting a no show day. However, VLM is rather more important. My last marathon was something of a disaster, I finished, but at a price. It took months to recover, in fact, it was last January that I really started to do some exercise in a structured way. So this year, I have a dragon to slay in that there London place.

No comments:

Post a Comment