A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A tale of two halves.

On one day a week I try to “run” twice. I’m told this is good for training and good for increased metabolism and fat burning. Time will tell.  I’ve been doing this for a while and found it surprisingly easy, easier than I thought it would be. I tend to do the evening run from work which is largely flat - just a bit of a hill in the beginning, then a long down and then around 4 miles just flat. This allows me to get into a rhythm with my plodding which seems to enable me to go further.

Today was a little different, I did my morning run from home as usual. This is undulating to say the least. I usually start on the down bit but then have to finish on a long couple of miles upupup. This morning the wind was in a humorous mood in that he decided that he would blow the hardest when I was on the steepest longest up bits. In fact at one point it was so hard my legs were moving in a running motion, but I was not actually moving forward at all - in fact I may even have gone backward a little way!

This evening, I did a shorter route, but in reverse to the morning route. This means a long down, but shorter, more frequent and sharper ups. I only did 3 and 3 quarter miles, but overall pace was so much slower than this morning.

Still, a total of 9 miles banked bringing January total to 17 miles, and 26 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment