A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 2

This is going to be a short blog, just like the run! I had travelled back from Liverpool. It was a lovely day, but the train from Crewe was hot and very crowded. We were both tired not having slept well the night before.
I had gone there with a friend who had developed a cancer in her her eye last year. She had undergone treatment and this was a follow up appointment with the consultant. The very good news was that she has been discharged with a clean bill of health.
I got home at 7:30 and if it weren't for Juneathon, I would have just slumped and done little (or nothing), but off I went on a very short trot, run walk on a 2 mile loop. It actually did me good, all my aches and my niggly hip settled and I got home hot, sweaty, but very self satisfied.

I like travelling though, I love people watching and building up a story about them and where they are coming from/going to. Sitting on the station at Liverpool watching people hurry by intent on their destination, or wandering looking a little lost checking on train times. All sorts of people cross paths at railway stations or airports. Maybe I should take notes at such times because the passage of time and distance blurs everything together and the memory is fuzzy.

And now I've bumped into Day 3, today I shall swim and maybe a short session in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment