A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 3

Friday is a rest day for me, so I generally just swim. I've not done a lot of swimming for a while, I started back about 3 weeks ago.

Today, I did 1 km split into two halves, the five minute interval was spent in the steam room. For some reason the second half felt easier and was very slightly faster. Overall I did the 40 lengths in 30 min and 37 seconds. Slow, but not too bad I suppose.

I though I would treat myself to lunch in the club bar afterward, Cajun chicken with fresh vegetables - hmmm delicious I thought. It took an age to serve, when it eventually came it was the most unappetising looking meal I've seen in a long time, just peas (undercooked), potatoes (over cooked) and very anaemic looking chicken with a sprinkle of red pepper. A huge disappointment. I was too hungry to leave it - besides, they charged me £7 for it! I didn't complain but will not be eating there again.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the swim. I love the idea that a 1km swim is a rest day :)

    ReplyDelete