A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Halfway day - Juneathon

I have a sore throat (mild) and felt tired and unmotivated this morning, but I thought I would go to RPM anyway as a) I'd  booked it and b) it's Juneathon and I didn't want to report "nothing doing today". I thought I would take it easy as my electronic coach is insisting and keep my heart rate low.
I got part way to the club and realised I'd left my heart rate strap behind. Well, I would go with how I feel I thought, I'm not 100% anyway so will likely take it easy.
I'd forgotten about the freedom of working to the tune of the body! I settled into the class, and found myself giving 100% on the hill tracks and going like the "pocket rocket" the instructor always called me on the speed tracks.  I came away feeling so much better, not tired (still have a bit of a sore throat, but some paracetamol after brekkie will settle that down I'm sure). I have no temp or cough so I shall carry on as normal.

1 comment: