A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Juneathon Day 27

I feel so much better at this stage than I did in January, then I was tired and looking forward to the last day. Now I'm not so tired and actually looking forward to my daily jaunt. I can't run every day, it would be silly to try, but I can do SOMETHING every day. I'm now in  a routine of 2 RPMs, 2 Body Pumps, 2 swims and 3 runs in a week.

With that routine and the help of Weight Watchers, today I moved categories from obese to merely overweight , I was trying to work out just how much weight I've lost in my lifetime, the thought of it makes me shudder with something akin to embarrassment! I must have gained and shed weight at least 4 or 5 times in the last 30 years or so. I usually do it myself, not wanting to get involved with big corporate organisations whose main objective is to make a profit. (and weightwatchers ready meals are foul!). But this time, I've had some trouble losing the weight. I started off ok, then got stuck. I gave in and investigated several online weight loss/management sites. I must say, that weightwatchers seem to have got the balance right. No food group is eliminated (not even alcohol which is nice ), but it does encourage the person to aim for a health balance with the diet. I'm hoping that it'll be easier to maintain once I've lost what I need to!. Just about a stone and a half to go, which, looking around the site is hardly anything compared to some poor souls.

I think that my running will improve as I get stronger. I'll never be a racing type, I plod along and enjoy the view, but to get back to a 5(ish) hour marathon would be my dream. Maybe then I could complete the 6 nations challenge I set myself quite some time ago - only 2 left Edinburgh and a Welsh one (save the best till last

No comments:

Post a Comment