A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Juneathon Day 17 and 18

Yesterday was a rest day, a real rest day not a 'do something else' day. The reasons were many, but mostly because I was very tired. I worked my work and sorted the family, cooked and flopped. I was in bed and asleep before 9:30. However, it was probably the best thing I could have done for myself if I'm honest. Juneathon notwithstanding, I felt so much better for it today that I was able to go out and enjoy my run.

Today the weather forecast was grim so I thought I would go to the gym and meander along the dreadmill. The downside of that is that the place is teaming with 'little dahlings' on a Saturday. Now, I don't mind children, after all I had three of them and I used to be one myself. But lotsandlots of them in a place that is designed to stimulate people into activity is not my idea of fun. But the fates were kind and the weather was better than forecast, so while on my way to the gym, I changed my mind and went to a local beauty spot. A lake in the middle of a huge retail park that is just over a mile around.
with lots of company
I walked ran it twice, keeping my heart rate low as per instruction. Just about half hour and something of an improvement. Having said that, I am rather slower on the dreadmill and the local run I do is much hillier! I must do that again in a few weeks just to see what (if any improvement there is).

No comments:

Post a Comment