A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Juneathon has begun! I did a 3.2 walk/run this morning. I say walk/run because there is far more walking than running these days. I am trying to keep my heart rate within reasonable limits according to the polar training advice. The route I use is rather more up than down, so lots of walking. I am hoping that in 30 days time, I'll be reporting Some improvement at least. Today I took 44 min 09 sec with an average heart rate of 125.
I'm going to try to report something of interest on my daily postings, rather than a simple report of activity. It will also, I think, help to focus my mind on what is around me rather than just doing the activity because it has to be done.
I am not likely to be doing photographs though, unless it is something particularly riveting.
Today in my part of the world is refuse collection day. The local council have issued plastic bags rather than bins. They also have in the cutbacks, designated different weeks for different kinds of rubbish. Today was the "green week". The bags are a see-through green and are meant for only recyclable items like paper and cans etc. Some households had little or nothing outside and others had several bags. Some households obviously have lots of ready meals and others lots of wine bottles pr beer cans. It struck me that although this recycling has become, or has appeared to become the " done thing", we are remain a "throw away" society. When I was a child, bottles, paper, and so many other items would never find their way into the refuse. I think we have a looong way to go before we can claim to be " green"/environmentally aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment