A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Juneathon 21 the longest day

Funny thing is, it's the longest day, but I just didn't have the time for much at all. I did spend most of the morning waiting for the virgin man to come and fix my Internet which has been down since Sunday. Most frustrating - the lack of Internet rather than the wait, although I had plenty I could have got on with. However, he fixed it and it's now speedy and working well.
I had to get on with some paid work then, I'm meant to be writing a paper for publication, it's nearly ready, but I can't say I have lots of energy for it. I did get tired very easily and gave up and toddled off to the gym for a poodle on the treadmill. I have been trying to run outside on a Tuesday, but the time was getting on and I pictured all the school kids pouring out of the school gates as I would be puffing along red of face. So I took the Gorky option and went to the gym. This gave me less tome than I would have had if I'd gone out from home. The journey to and from the gym takes around 40 minutes. So just 33 minutes (thought I would do a 10% increase this week). The good news is that there is definite improvement. I ran walked, keeping my heart rate in zone 2 as per electronic coach instruction. He\she\it is demanding ANOTHER recovery week cos I cheated a bit last week! Anyway, 2.3 ish miles with heart rate low may not light up any lights, but it's an improvement for me.
It wasn't so long ago thar I would be running at 9.5 minute miling, someway to go, but I can see a return to somewhere in that sprtof region yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment