A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Juneathon Day 11 and 12

I'm combining Saturday and Sundays doings as it was the weekend and had little time to be blogging.

I should have been very tired yesterday, I got home at midnight - that's a good 2 hours past the time I'm usually asleep - and of course, it took a little while to settle. I must say I enjoyed the evening, good wine, good company (girlie friends) and good food, can't fault it. Then I was awake at just after 4. I got loads done around the house though, I kept going all day washing cleaning, cooking running the family around in the car to various places. Just a small toddle after all that.

Today it did catch up with me a bit, nevertheless, family have to be transported and fed as usual. I felt sooo tired this morning. I managed to do a little sewing - what else can you do this awful weather! And the casserole I made for lunch was flavoured with sage and thyme from my little garden. The potatoes are almost ready and the tomatoes won't be long behind them. There is something very satisfying in eating food you've grown yourself.

Up to the gym this evening and 25 minute walk run on the dreadmill followed by an hours spin.  I feel more wide awake now, funny that exersize does that and it may be the last thing you want to do.

Thankyou Juneathon, if it weren't for you I may well have been tempted to forgo it this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment