A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Juneathon day 28

Two days to go and only one day missed, not bad. Looking at my stats, I seem to have improved fitness wise a huge amount over the past month. I actually felt like I was cruising at times tonight. There is no feeling like it, fit enough to just let the body do the running. For me it reaches something deep inside, like it's something that we are meant to be doing. I suppose it's the primal thing, we were never meant to be sitting in cars, on buses and even on escalators being carried along. At least we've not evolved into that kind of being as yet.

Anyway, enough philosophy.

I've played truant today (worked hard yesterday so I could take some time out today) and had a girly day with my daughter and her daughter. It started of not quite as we meant to as Mia (3yo) needed a trip to the hairdresser to try and remidy her DIY haircut!!!! Lots of kiddies do  that - her mother did, so now she has a fetching short style and the bald bits get covered with a headband! Then some clothes and shoes. I spent loads of money, but came home empty handed - now how did that happen?

No matter, I had a nice parcel from those nice people at Wiggle when I came home. Tired as I was, I had to try the running kit out now didn't I? Just a 2 mile walk run, but faster and feeling better than the last time I did it. It's also very hot and sticky out there and there is a lot of smoke hanging about from a rubber tyre fire that's been burning in the area for a couple of weeks.

Off to babysit now. RPM and  a swim in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment