A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Juneathon Day 8

This is a recovery week according to my electronic coach, but I didn't want to miss the spin class. I've recently started back and am enjoying the buzz.
So, I went, but kept the heart rate more or less under control - ie below Zone 3!

21K in 50 minutes and only 2 minutes in Zone 3 is respectable enough. Followed by a slow 20 length swim which gave me a good stretch out.

This was all followed by a tough day in work - it's been a bit quiet for me lately so I was due a tough one.
I'm past official retirement age, but because of life circumstances I can't really afford to retire as yet - besides most of the time I still have energy and enthusiasm for the job. On days like this though I do think longingly of the reduced stress that retirement could bring.

Tomorrow may well be a good day with positive feedback and I'll be back on the 'wait a few more years' trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment