A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Juneathon day 14

I can't believe how fast this is all going. It seemed much more of a slog in January. I remember the feeling of 'getting somewhere' when at the halfway point back then. Maybe it's that I have actually regained some modicum of fitness since then, or maybe it's because the warmer days and lighter evenings are more conducive to motivation for activity. Probably a combination of both.

As I said I'm supposed to be on a recovery week, so a 20 minute warm up on treadmill and bike and some challenging weights and abdominal work today. I think the weight training is important especially as one gets older. Strong muscles, especially in the legs and the core, I'm sure will help prevent injury and even help with some weight loss.

So tomorrow we hit the halfway mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment