A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

day 11

As I write this, I'm feeling very tired. I'm at my daughters babysitting, well perhaps I ought to say childminding as 3 year old Mia would assert in a very loud and determined way that she is 'not a baby'. She's a 'big girl Mia'!
Getting two small children ready for bed and reading bedtime stories is at least as demanding as a long session in the gym I swear!
Today was scheduled a running rest day, so no running as such. The day started with (after the obligatory kick start coffee) the usual mid week 1 mile dog walk. this was 23 minutes but included two wee stops and two poo stops (scooping this stuff in the dark is something of a challenge!). Then tidy up the house, sort and put out the refuse, pack gym bag and off to the pool. Today I did 4, then 3x6, then 4, only marginally slower than earlier in the week.
I then was stuck in an loooooong traffic jam caused by an accident. This meant 45 minutes for a usualy 10 minute journey! The day was all out of sync, but I managed to catch up and get to my daughters ready for her choir practice.
Some rest day eh?
 I'm in job 2 tomorrow, which is teaching at the Uni, apart from the fact that I have nothing prepared for tomorrow mornings lecture, I'm looking forward to it. It's so different from job 1 that it's almost like a day off!
I've managed to book some annual leave days for the weekend, so maybe this blog will live up to it's name of some knitting and sewing as well as Janathon.
I am so grateful to Janathon, I'm sure I would not be in the place I'm at now, if Janathon wasn't sitting on my shoulder encouraging pushing me along. Although I feel a little tired, I do feel that my fitness is returning slowly but surely.

3 comments:

  1. I agree about Janathon, without it I would probably be hibernating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about being tired I am knackered and am sleeping like a log, but thatnk got Janathon is restoring our fitness levels

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great feeling isn't it?? Fitness does come with such a feel good factor - you can see how people become addicted!

    ReplyDelete