A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day four

A day of two halves really. I took the dogs for their usual morning brisk trot this morning, but had to slow down a great deal. When I left the house it was raining, no problem with that, we are used to a drop of the wet stuff and not really a problem with the cold and the dark either. However, I soon started slipping and sliding! There were frequent patches of black ice that could not be distinguished from the wet pavement.
I was thinking as I was picking my way carefully down the road, it's quite difficult to accurately judge improvements, particularly on a small scale. There are so many variables, as today, same route as yesterday, but much slower because of the ice, but I didn't have as many stops to clean up after the dogs for some reason - maybe it was just too cold for them!
 I'm following  run/walk schedule sent to me by a friend. Not a coach, but a very experienced runner/ironman(woman). This is good because the lead up to marathon training is very doable even at my level. If (when) I make it to the end of Janathon, this coincides with the start of the marathon training for Edinburgh. All being well, I'll be well up for it by then.
Hence the 12 minutes this evening run 3 walk 1. It was enough, I finished feeling good (although I had started feeling tired and if it weren't for this Janathon I would have made excuses and come home!). Another run tomorrow this time 25 minutes.

No sights for me to remark on today, this morning was wet dark and cold, little to see apart from the world waking up and people rushing to get on with whatever they were doing today. No sign of the eclipse either due to heavy cloud.

This evening, I was at the gym with the post Christmas rush. Lots of new faces some will stay, some will fade off, once the spring arrives they forget the resolve to 'keep it going' and are not seen again until after next Christmas. Each to his own.

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration Sue. I'm enjoying reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete