A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day Seven - a whole week already!

We have arrived at the end of a whole week of janathon. I've more or less done something every day, but as I said in the beginning it wouldn't be running every day.
I missed my planned swim yesterday, but managed to jimmy it in today after my dreadmill run/walk.
I am feeling quite tired, but I'm not sure that is all to do with the extra training, after all, I'm following a schedule that should be well within my ability. I have spent several weeks not sleeping well at all, waking by 2 or so and that would be more or less it for the night. This past week though I've been sleeping the sleep of the just. So much so that I was asleep before 9 last night.
This morning my radio alarm burst into cheerful chirpy life all to soon! I've always been one to be slow to wake, so I usually lay and listen to the radio for a while before dragging my sorry self out of bed and kick starting my innner engine with strong black coffee. This morning, I fell asleep listening to the radio and got up far later than I should have!
It may be because I have soooooo much work on at the moment that deep down I don't want to face it. I have lots going on in all areas of my life, and with 2 jobs on the go, both being rather busy at the moment sometimes it does seem a bit much. But then I remember being marooned at home for 4 days during the last bout of snow. I was actually able to get to the local shops, but not to work, or anywhere more than a mile or so away. I've never been so glad to escape to work!
Back to today. A slow and sluggish start to what promised to be a busy day. Today I had papers to mark with a tight deadline, I can cope with that, but when it's all electronic and the electronics won't play properly it's so frustrating! Then getting hubby off for his chest xray, picking up some shopping and back home. I was so tired, I wanted to crawl into my bed and sleep, but Janathon was beckoning so off to the gym I went.

In less than 5 minutes I was awake and enjoying the freedom and the movement. I only had 25 minutes to do according to my schedule, so 25 minutes I did. Marginally faster than Wednesday, even small improvements are improvements!
Next a short swim, 4x4 lengths and a 5 minute 'chill' in the steam room.
I now feel self satisfied and so glad I went.
Tomorrow is a runnig rest day, I will do something, but not sure what as yet. Probably a long brisk walk with the muppets (those of you who know me know they are two charming black labradors)
This pic is a few years old now, but they are still energetic and charming - well, to me anyway!
Onward to week 2

1 comment:

  1. We've made it through the first week with so many other things going on.

    Keep smiling and chi-ing.

    ReplyDelete