A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

One more day!

Just one more day left of Janathon. I've made up for my sluggardness of yesterday and walked the dogs and gymbled!

The dog walk was with my mad friend as I've said. We meet on a Sunday morning for a brisk walk and a gossip. Maybe gossip is not the right word because the dictionary defines it as -Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature. or A person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts. It does then go on to say - Trivial, chatty talk or writing. A close friend or companion. She is a close friend and we tend to chat about trivia lots of the time as well as enjoy each others company.

A brisk walk in the very very cold sunshine then, we went through the woodland because it was more sheltered and took us out of the biting wind.

Then I trotted off to the gym with my new shoooooz, when I say trotted, I drove but you know what I mean. I'm really not sure about these shoes at all, they don't seem to have much cushioning in them, although they are controlling the roll in my foot. When I had finished today, the soles of my feet were quite sore. Now it could be that I'm tying them up too tightly, I've not got a great deal of confidence in them and they seem to need some firmness around the ankle joint.

I did do 30 minute run/walk on the treadmill, I found it tougher than usual, but I've increased the incline just a little to try not to put too much pressure on my shin. I also spent 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer as a warm up, then 20 minutes on the bike.

I now have the house to myself for an hour, so some ironing and sewing for me while I have the chance.

Boy do I know how to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment