A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Retail Therapy

It's not often I take a day out for retail therapy, but the opportunity was there, so I took it. I HAD intended going to a running shop in Cardiff, I really need new shoes, but a) my left shin is still sore so will not actually run for another few days at least, and b) we ran out of time.

I love spending time with my daughter, she is such easy company and we can talk and talk and not run out of things to say! She is also very supportive in a very non judgmental way and she is probably the one person in the world I can open my heart to, which I tend to do a lot! Her children were spending the day with their other grandparents, HWMBT was doing well so in the car and escape to the shops! One shop in particular. We share a passion for making and creating - she's cards and jewellery and I'm more of the knitting and sewing, but do make some cards. Hobbycraft in Cardiff is one of those shops that is in a timewarp. We entered those hallowed doors and emerged something like 2 hours later, lighter of heart, very much lighter of purse and heads full of exciting ideas for projects. This meant a quick dash around M+S for food for tea and an hours drive along the Mway to collect the children. We also have similar tastes in music, so the iPod gets used well in the car.

All this means no more than a quickie dog walk and lots of walking around the shop (s). I'm fine with that though, and my shin is thanking me for the rest, I'll cross train in the gym today with more quality for the rest day and will be planning the projects I'll be doing with my goodies from yesterday.

I'll be back at Cardiff next week just for trainers

1 comment:

  1. Now that sounds like my sort of retail therapy Sue. What a lovely day out.

    Thank you so much for the kind words regarding my SIL. We were able to say what we wanted and goodbye, which so many people don't get the chance to do. We also had time to get sort of used to the idea but I think we were hoping for a miracle!

    Helena x

    ReplyDelete