A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9 well into week 2

Day 9 completed, I like this return to running schedule I have, today' s "long run" was 40 minutes run 3 walk 2, very doable. I have set the treadmill to very very slow, but up the speed by .1 every cycle and up the incline for the last two cycles. Next week, I'll up the incline for the last 3 cycles and so on.
I'll never be what would be termed a fast runner, no more than a plodding plodder in fact. But I was aiming for a sub 5 hour marathon before life got in the way and in fact, only missed that target by 10 minutes in Paris in 2006. Sub 5 would have been mine the following year in Rome had I not broken my foot! So, some ambition for me then. I have entered Edinburgh marathon for this  year and hope to finish in a rather better shape than I finished London last April. I think following this schedule and committing to Janathon may make it more of a probability. I won't decide definitely until Janathon is finished, but the way I'm feeling today, I'm cautiously optimistic.
After my treadmill run, I went for a short swim - again 4 x 4, but today in 13m12s, I know it's slow, but again an improvement.
Working at it slowly is paying off.
We are into double figures tomorrow, a good psychological milestone.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise you were doing Edinburgh Marathon Sue. How many marathons will that be then? You seem very focussed on how you want it to pan out. I'm doing GNR in September and hope I can do better than 2.50 this time.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete