A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, January 24, 2011

This month is just sliding by!

My shin is still niggly, so no running for me, but an hour cardio at the gym, elliptical, bike and hill walk on the treadmill.

I have a Polar Heart Rate monitor that links with the web and monitors my progress, I forget the model but, it's like a personal trainer. One of the downsides is that you can't make excuses to it! The upside is that I've tried to keep in the heart rate zones it recommends, and I do believe it's paying off. I have to work much harder these days to get up into zone two when I'm out walking the dogs even on the uphills. Also, at the gym, I'm having to up the resistance and speed.

I'm feeling well and fitter and have lost a little weight.

Thanks Janathon, I wouldn't have done it without you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great HR monitor - will keep you pushing no matter what. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a positive blog Sue. Well done Mrs Dragon.

    ReplyDelete