A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day three - and still going!

Today is a 'rest' day, so no running for me, my leggies are a little achey so wise I think. However, the dogs still had to be walked, just a 1.1 mile saunter for them, then after domestic type chores (have to be done!) a trip to the gym and 20 minutes ont he crosstrainer, some stretching and a short swim with a reward in the relaxing steam room.
 I must confess I was a little tired getting up this morning, but this Janathon is motivating me to at least do something. I've spent many a day in Injuryville and don't really want to go there again. I think doing too much too soon and getting tired therefore losing form is a sure route down that particular road, so forgive me for being boringly sensible.
I've actually done marathons when injured and one when I was badly undertrained, looking back now maybe it would have been sensible not to do that, but life is not always to be lived sensibly is it? Having said that, I've been in the valley of Lost Motivation for quite sometime now and it's time I climbed out and tried to get my body back. Not the body I am currently occupying which is embarrassingly overweight and lets face it pretty shapeless, but the one I had at my peak of fitness some 3 years ago.
So thank you all for looking in, and many thanks for the words of encouragement from fellow Janathoners.

Tomorrow is a run day, also a first day back to work day. I've not decided yet whether it'll be before or after work that I'll go, but go I will!

By for now
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment