A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13

Tomorrow we will be two weeks into Janathon and two weeks into the New Year! This last week has gone by soo quickly.
Today there were no gremlins, none at all. In fact, I was eager to get to the gym. I did the usual one mile dog walk this morning then paid work. Today was the job that I enjoy so much - teaching. I enjoy my other job, I've been doing it for long enough. I first started nursing 40 years ago so it would be a sad thing if I had stuck it out that long if I didn't enjoy it.

Another upside of the teaching job is that thanks to modern technology I can do much of my work at home. This morning I finished marking some essays then trundled in to Uni to see the students and sort a few things. Although I was busy, it wasn't the kind of stressful racing the clock busy that the nursing job is.

Then off to the gym, I had intended doing 20 minutes or so in the gym then swimming. Unfortunately the pool was offlimits because of kiddie lessons. So I stayed in the gym and did 40 minutes bike and cross trainer then 20 minutes weights and some stretching. I finished feeling that I could have done more, but sense prevailed. I don't want to go burning out at this stage

No comments:

Post a Comment