A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day Eight - rest day

Rest day! Running rest day anyway! I've done some cleaning, cooking, shopping, washing, repairing broken net poles, fixing a radiator cover to the wall, and entertaining grandchildren.
No running, but XBX completed, dog walk completed and 30 minutes Wii Fit. That's enough for an old granny!

I've not a lot to say today, the day has slipped by so quickly as weekends usually do. I, like many just pack so much in to the weekend that it's like a timewarp! When I was marooned by the snow, my house was clean, ironing was done and I did things so slowly and thoughtfully. We just rush through life often then say, 'where did that time go?'. I did see somethings in that regard today that was scared and angered me at the same time. I was standing at the pelican crossing with two of my small grandchildren. They are taught that they can cross when the green man says so. No less than three times today, cars were travelling too fast to stop when the green man was alight! That was not the worst of it, later when I was taking them home, I spotted a racer type rushing toward the roundabout I was driving around, I really thought s/he wasn't going to stop, in fact I think s/he was trying to get to the roundabout so s/he wouldn't have to stop.. This dual carriageway has a 40mph limit on it at that spot, but it drops to 30mph not much further up the road. This car roared its way past me, cut in front of me and almost crashed into the car in front that was changing lanes. S/He then impatiently scooted around that car and roared off - with any luck being caught on camera just 100yard further on. The tragedy is, that if and when s/he crashes, and the way s/he was driving it'll be one of those tragic pileups, innocent people will suffer. This person can't possibly appreciate the kind of things that take time to savour, and life for him/her must be poorer (and probaly) shorter for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment