A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

dog walk, no swim!

Today is a running rest day, but the plan was to swim as well as the routine dog walk. Somehow, time ran away with me this morning and I had to rush off to work with out taking the dogs out. (They only get one long walk a day because they have free access out through the dog flap into the back yard.). No matter, I had lots to do in work but felt sure I could escape early and get  a swim in before coming home and whipping them out while the dinner was cooking.
Best laid plans and all that. I finished work much later than I intended. The pool nearest the University was not open to members and the pool I would normally use is the other side of the city with lots of rush hour traffic to contend with and it was freeeeeeeezing!
So, home I came, quick change into something warm and out with the dogs. We did a briskish 2 miles mostly uphill, so my calves are tingling nicely. It had to be brisk because I'd forgotten the poo bags so I didn't want an embarrasing stop in the middle of a pavement and no means of disposing of the offending matter!
Tomorrow is a run day, and I have to finish work early to take the Mr for a chest xray. Therefore a 25 minute run/walk on the dreadmill and a nice swim to follow.

I do hope Janathon is going ok for you reader.

Take care

1 comment:

  1. Aww Sue you are always so busy. I'm sure the muppets appreciated you not swimming. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. Hope the xray goes well for HWMBT.

    ReplyDelete