A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Halfway there

I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, a busy day, and notalot to say really.

I did get the dogs out, one mile, two minutes faster than the day before, but as I've said, it's difficult to compare times especially when two dogs may have different ideas than just to march on! Weather means nothing to them, walks are walks and weather is just something that happens and is of no consequence when there are new smells to be sniffed and new adversaries to look out for. Hiedi has a mission to rid the world of all cats, and Shaddow has decided that all unkown dogs are to be challenged and put in their place (which would be all very well if he wasn't such a wimp when it comes down to it).

I considered running, but it was a running rest day and Saturdays are usually busy with domestic type stuff anyway. Also, today (Sunday) is meant to be a running day and a long one at that (long is relative you understand, and I'm back at the beginning again). So, I spent the afternoon playing on the Wii with my daughter and grandchildren.

Our minds are always making associations even when we don't realise it! The statement that 'I'm back at the begining again' and the playing of games made me think that running is like a game of snakes and ladders! I first started running (as in training for races and events) back in 2003. Over that period, I've done 6 marathons and countless half marathons and 10ks, but spend much of my time climbing the ladder to a level that can get me around a course, punctuated with slip sliding down the snake of injury and illness.  There's something about running - being outdoors, having some time to myself (and my audiobooks), the 'zone', the feeling of fitness - all of those and more, that keep on bringing me back again and again!

For someone who has nothing to say, I can really waffle on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment