A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

A day of two's

Well, I've "run" outside for the first time since around August if not before! It wasn't pretty and I struggled somewhat, but the scheduled run/walk for 30 minutes was completed!
I took my Garmin as well as the footpod so that I could check the calibration of the footpod. It's a polar that came with the polar training watch I treated myself to some time ago. The reason I bought the watch was because it was waterproof and I could wear it whilst swimming.
In future runs, I need to remember to start the both gadgets the same time! I started the Polar as I left the  house, however, I walked up the hill before starting the Garmin and the run!
No stats as such today, just that I ran walked just over 2 miles in the 30 minutes, way way off my previous usual, but no matter, I was out there and I actually enjoyed!
I saw nothing remarkable today while out, nothing memorable, I was listening to Stephen Fry's "The Fry Chronicles" which is absorbing and somehow I find his voice comfortable (for the want of a better word) to listen to.
Tomorrow a visit to the gym and a swim for me.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog sounds very much like mine. I now have a Garmin but I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet so it is trial and error.

    Good luck Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I haven't got the nerve up to go out on the roads again. Been a couple of months and I"ve lost a lot of fitness and confidence. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete