A patchwork view of life, some running, some knitting, some sewing.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14

That's 2 weeks done and dusted. Problem with plans though! The schedule said 30 minutes run walk. I did the usual dog walk this morning with the full intention of run/walking at the gym followed by a nice rewarding swim.
It was not to be.
The Mr is not well, and hasn't been for some time, he has had several small strokes and has a heart problem. He had a stent inserted earlier this year and now has a heart murmer. There is also a problem with some of his blood results, his sodium levels are low. I did a repeat bloods on him yesterday as suggested by the GP. As I was leaving the house this afternoon the GP surgery rang, his sodium levels are dropping further and they wanted to see him today (they were talking admission). So off we go to the GP surgery, but it was decided that admission was not necessary. I brought him home, settled him and made my way to the gym. At least I was going to get my run in, but I wouldn't bother with the swim.
It was after I changed that I realised that I had two left trainers in my bag! The run was not meant to be. It's as I'm writing this that I'm thinking that I could have had a quick few lengths in the pool - doh!!!!

So, today is almost a write off, but at least the one mile dog walk saves me from complete failure. Tomorrow I hope to get at least a short run in.

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor HWMBT! I knew he'd been ill but didn't realise it was strokes. I do hope he makes a full recovery. Shame about your swim and run but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. At least the dogs saved the day. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Footpather - sometimes you need to consider the grand scheme of things. You still got some exercise too and that's essentially all this month is about. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete